Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tomatoes!


This isn't a picture of my tomatoes I canned today, in fact, mine aren't done yet. However, I did do 8 pints of tomatoes and I am so excited! Seriously, I love canning! It's one of those things that makes me feel accomplished. I'm looking forward to canning more! My goal is to can something once a month. So far this year I've met it :)
What's one thing you enjoy doing that makes you feel accomplished???

6 comments:

The Kleyn Family said...

Very impressive! What a great thing to have on hand. Perhaps I should try my hand at canning...

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

You totally should can! I love it :)

Kelli said...

I have to admit that you've been getting me more excited about canning. I really want to try my hand at chicken soon. What does the chicken end up like?

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

Kelli, the chicken is sooo good!!! I use it for my southwest chicken wraps, chicken sandwiches, bbq chicken... and it just falls apart! LOVE IT!! Do it!

Kelli said...

How did you do it?

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

http://www.simplycanning.com/canning-chicken.html#axzz1sVJSoHP0


just google canning rawpack chicken :) It's really easy. I do boneless chicken breasts, but you can do any part of the chicken you want. basically, you cut off the fat/skin, pack it tightly into the jars, add some warm water, and process in the pressure canner :) It takes some time, but is totally worth it!