Thursday, August 5, 2010

Schooling

I never thought I'd be the one to say this. I said I would "never" home school my kids. Now I am considering it. With the many experiences I've had in school, family and friends' experiences, having teachers in the family and seeing it from their perspective, and the way things are going in our world, I am seriously thinking about it. Bryson is 2, so we have a few years, and a LOT could change by then (one way or another). So, I'm debating public schools vs. charter schools vs. homeschooling.
I know this is a controversial subject- so many people have varying opinions.... We have family and friends that believe strongly one way or another on this...
but as Brenton and I discussed this the other day, he told me that ultimately, they are our children, and it's a decision we have to make to do what we feel is best for them. So, it'll be between him, me, and our Heavenly Father.
I just hope we can get it right.

3 comments:

Jessica Bryan said...

Sam and I were having that same conversation... so many options and so many questions... We'll see what we end up doing, I'm glad Heavenly Father is there to help us out though!

Rachel Chappell said...

That is a touchy subject. As a 7th grade teacher for three years, I wouldn't send my kid to a public school. I didn't like the discipline policy, I didn't like other teacher's attitudes, and I didn't like that it was uniform school, among other things. So we've been talking about it also! We might be in the military still, so maybe those schools are slightly better? Plus Arizona's education system is a huge mess right now.

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

I"m so relieved I'm not the ONE one that feels that way!!!!!! So glad I know you girls!