Last night we rang in 2011 with some family and friends. We went over to Scott and Pam's house with my parents. Pam's brother, Daniel, and his wife Priscilla (and kids) were there too.
We let Maims go to sleep at 6:30 then woke her up at 8 to go over there. She was wired for a couple hours, then we put her back to bed over there. Bryson stayed awake the entire time. He had fun playing with the other kids, but mostly he played with cars.
We watched movies (How to Train A Dragon, Unbreakable) and played 13 Dang It and Balderdash. The food was yummy- party meatballs (Brenton's favorite) and chips, dip, veggies, crackers, cheese, meat, and more junk food.
It was a pretty perfect night. Time with family. Fun memories. We toasted the New Year by 11:55 then braved the cold to watch some fireworks and set some sparklers off ourselves. I got a really good kiss at midnight from my hubby. One of those that reminded me why I married him- well, at least one of the reasons.
All the sudden, at the New Year, I felt this new energy and renewal and optimism for 2011. I look forward to a new year with my family. I hope you feel the same way.
I look forward to another year of blogging about it. Hope you do too!
1 comment:
Such a cute picture of your family. It was fun to hear a little of what it happening in your life. T
Post a Comment