I realized that I never wrote all of Aimee's birth story. I thought it would be good to do for her birthday. I hope I can remember the details correctly.
Because of the complications I had from Bryson's labor and delivery, as well as my doctors' input and insurance issues, we scheduled a c-section for Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 at 10 AM.
I had a hard time sleeping the night before. I was so excited! The morning of Jan. 26th, I got up and showered and got ready. We left Bryson with Brenton's sister, Breanne and headed to the hospital (I think it was 7 AM). I believe we had to be there by 8. We arrived at Timanogos Regional hospital and got checked into the room.
The nurses hooked me up to monitors and started prepping a little for the surgery. The surgery wasn't scheduled to begin until 10, but a few minutes later the nurses came in and announced that my Drs were there. I believe it was Dr. Gammette and I don't remember... They were ready for me! So, the nurses hurried and prepped me and had me walk down the hall to OR while Brenton got dressed in his scrubs.
I walked into the OR and froze! I heard they keep in cold to keep it sterile... but I hated it! The anesthesiologist was there and ready to put in my epidural. I had a wonderful nurse who held me the whole time he was putting it in my back. Since I was so cold, I was shaking. They laid me down on the table and put my arms out and put the curtain up. If I remember correctly, my arms were strapped down to keep me from moving much. Brenton came in by that point. By this time, I started freaking out. I felt like I could not breathe. They put oxygen on me and assured me that I really could breathe, but I felt like I couldn't due to the epidural. I freaked out more and the anesthesiologist gave me a shot of *something* to relax me. I was still freezing and was shaking the whole time. The nurses and anesthesiologist kept reassuring me that I was fine and I needed to stop fighting the shaking and my body would calm down.
Brenton held my hand and was a great support. We just sat there listening to the Drs. cutting away. That was definitely an interesting thing.
A few minutes later, the Dr. asked Brenton if he wanted to look over and see his baby girl. She had some beautiful dark hair on her head. They pulled her out and the nurses took her away. I think I remember telling Brenton he could go with her while they finished up with me.
Aimee Ann Jensen was born at 10:00 AM exactly on January 26th, 2010. She weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 inches long. She had these cute chubby cheeks and was perfect.
I was taken back to my room and given some time to rest and let the epidural wear off. A few hours later, they sent me to a different room for Most of my recovery was pretty easy. I was able to get up easier and earlier. Moving around wasn't as painful. The most difficult part was that my pain meds made me so sick. I was throwing up after the c-section and had an upset stomach for days. I switched medicine, but the new stuff didn't help me either . I was so sick the first day I didn't get to spend much time with my little angel Aimee. I'm not sure what I'll do next time around...
Breanne was kind enough to bring Bryson to the hospital to see us the day she was born, and every day afterwards. My mom flew into town on Thursday and took Bryson with her to visit my Aunt Leslie. We were discharged on Friday.
Looking back on my whole labor/delivery experience, I realize it was night and day compared to when I had Bryson. I loved being able to schedule the delivery. I loved being able to plan and prepare for it. The nurses and doctors were fabulous. I was so pleased with the whole experience.
More than anything, I am just thankful that I got a healthy, happy, sweet, baby girl out of it. We love our little Maimee. She is such a joy in our family. I know I say that all the time. But she makes us all smile everyday. She is a happy girl.
We are so blessed!
4 comments:
I love reading people's birth stories. It makes me reminisce about the day I gave birth and it's so wonderful to look back on and remember those special days. You have such a beautiful family!
I had the twins in a surgercial room and man was that table the most uncomfortable and SMALL thing you ever had to lay on! I didn't have them by csection but it was a precaution since Logan wasn't head down. I am glad you posted this. I love to read how babies were born!
aw man. Brings back memories. So glad Aimee is growing and a fun little girl and hopefully over all her sickness.
Every story is unique! I just can't imagine doing it again right now, but people do! =) I also can't believe your little Aimee is 1! How did that happen? I feel like you just had her. Happy birthday to her! And congrats on the house!
Post a Comment