Last night was the American Idol Finale! We were so excited because it was either Lauren or Scotty, and we like them both! I, however, was rooting for Scotty while Brenton rooted for Lauren. In the end, Scotty won, and we were happy (we would have been with Lauren too)!
What I was not happy with were a couple performances. First, Lady Gaga's- which actually sounded ok- but the actions were not. Next, Beyonce's song where she said something like "Let's make love" over and over again. I was happy Bryson was already in bed.
I thought this was supposed to be family-friendly tv? If so, their standards of what is ok for family is not ok with me.
As Bryson gets older (especially, since Aimee isn't there yet), he notices things more. He repeats things more. It's my duty as his mom to teach him correctly right from wrong. I was glad he had gone to bed. I would have felt really guilty for letting him see that. It was not ok with me. I didn't even want to see it.
What do you think?
5 comments:
I didn't watch American Idol for one reason lol, we don't have TV. I mean we own a TV, but we don't watch TV. When we were in Italy, we could only get 6 channels so we quickly adjusted to no TV. Well, as time has gone on, my husband and I have decided to continue to "do without" because we don't want to expose the children to much of the stuff on there. Think about it, American Idol, a singing competition is promting sexual behavior. I donno, even the "safe" shows I have found are not that safe. We recently got an anntena to get a few channels but the kids are not allowed to turn it on lol. I have found that i would prefer to spend the extra money on a movie (but if you buy one a month, thats still less than the cost of cable tv) that I can view and deem appropriate before spending money on cable tv that is constantly in their face with no filter. I know I am largely in the minority, but we feel like our lives have been greatly improved by getting rid of the cable.
Lexi, I totally agree! Good for you guys to go without it. WE had cable in Utah but if was included in our rent. Here, we don't have it. We do have an antenna so that's how we watched American Idol and any other shows. We signed up for netflix to have other shows to watch, and when the kids watch, I usually watch or make sure it's an appropriate. Bryson doesn't know how to control it anyways, so we still control what he watches. I worry about the day it changes. I know we are going to really watch out. Mostly anything on tv these days isn't appropriate and sends our kids terrible messages.
I dislike Lady Gogga and Beyonce. We watched a few of the scenes after the fact, but thank goodness we didn't watch these two. If you don't like the way someone is behaving on TV, turn it off for that portion. I do not miss TV for this reason. There is not much good on anymore.
I didn't watch the whole thing just a few parts but it's funny because we talked about the same thing after j-lows little booty shake:) crazy what's on these days:)
Isn't it frustrating what you run into on TV... It's hard to find shows or movies that are appropriate. It gives us parents more to look out for and make sure that our kids don't get into trouble...
Post a Comment