Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Little Man - Growing Up

A few weeks ago I asked Bryson if he wanted to sleep in a big boy bed instead of his crib. He immediately got excited and said yes. For the next few days, he wouldn't stop talking about getting a big boy bed. We started looking for one, but didn't want to spend $70 on one. We checked out Craigslist a few times and finally found one last Thursday night. The nice couple delivered it on Friday evening, April 29th. Brenton took down the crib, set up the bed, and Bryson has been sleeping in it ever since. On Friday night, Bryson was a little too excited and stayed up a couple hours late coming out of his room. However, ever since then, he has been great at staying in his bed all night and not coming out until he hears us up in the morning. I must admit, I teared up the first night we put him in his bed. I am so glad we waited until he was a little older to move him. It has worked out perfectly!!!


5 comments:

Lexi said...

he looks so grown up! I always waited until my kids were a little older before switching too. Actually, we never used a toddler bed because our cribs converted. But we waited until they were usualy between 2.5 and 3 to make the change. Only Haylee ever tried crawling out so why not keep them in the crib? lol

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

That's where Bryson is. He's 33 months now. He never tried to get out of his crib either... so we just left him in it. He's not much of an adventurer...

Lynette said...

I'm surprised he's just now getting into a toddler bed! Hailey moved straight from a crib to a twin bed last Summer, before her second birthday. It's always exciting though, when your kids start growing up!

The Palmers said...

aww... how fun though! that seems like the best transition i've heard of! lucky! =)

jasonandhartley said...

What a big boy! Good job Bryson! I waited until Halle was almost 3, but Evve was ready at 1 1/2. She was always on halle's bed and trying to sleep on it so we just got Halle a bigger bed and gave hers to Evve. I totally trap them in their room with the baby gate though, if I really don't want them to come out and bother me. :)