Sunday, May 15, 2011

Four FABULOUS Years!

Brenton's and my 4th wedding anniversary was Thursday (5/12). We had family coming into town that night so we decided to celebrate Tuesday night. We fixed Hawaiian haystacks (we had that at our wedding luau, the night before our wedding). I didn't take any pictures, but it was delicious! We were able to just reminisce while eating about our engagement and wedding and all the fun memories we have together. We planned on exchanging gifts on our actual anniversary, but that was about all we had planned for celebrating. I had another idea in mind. I borrowed my mom's car on Thursday morning (my parents rock) and took the kids to surprise Brenton and work for lunch. I had told him that the kids were cranky and were taking early naps and I wanted him to call me and wake me up from my nap at noon. Well, me and the kids headed over to Tempe and bought some In and Out on the way. I got to Brenton's work 10 min. early, so I called him and told him I had just woken up from a nap. After a second I said, "You need to come downstairs and have lunch with us". Brenton was shocked! He was completely surprised! It was so fun!
We drove to Tempe Town Lake (site of part of our 1st date) and had a picnic of In and Out. The kids loved it and were too busy watching the train, the ducks and pigeons, and the water, to eat. We walked around a little too.
It was so fun to surprise Brenton and to celebrate a little with our kids. Brenton is the best husband and daddy- I couldn't ask for anything better. I am thankful to be married in the temple not just for time, but for all eternity. We love our life together.








(Yep, these are the best of Brenton and I, I could get)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow. That went by fast. Happy Anniversary Adree and Brenton! I'm so glad you lived up in Utah for 3 years. I love you all like my own, which means a whole ton. Miss you too.
love,
Aunt Leslie

The Palmers said...

Cute fam! Happy anniversary!!

jasonandhartley said...

You guys are so cute! I can't believe how fast time flies!

Lexi said...

What a fun anniversary surprise! So glad you have spent so many wonderful years together!

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise! That was a great idea and I'm sure it was a blast hanging out together in the middle of the day!

Brian and Lisa said...

Isn't it so fun being sneaky? Congrats on 4 years!