Thursday, October 7, 2010
A Little Rant.... Feel Free to Skip.
I am so sick and tired of being told I didn't do what was best for my kids because I haven't breastfed them, or even because I had them c-section instead of vaginally. What right does any mother have to put down another because of choices, or in some cases, lack of choices when it comes to how to birth their child and feed them? Maybe it's me just trying to justify, but Brenton and I prayed and struggled with our decisions for some time before we made them. It was not easy, but it was worth it, because it made my little family happier. In our case, breastmilk was almost the "enemy" because it made my kids sick. We tried everything we could think of. How dare anyone tell me that breastmilk is better and will keep my kids from being sick etc. My kids have been healthier than most breast-fed babies I know. And just because I didn't breastfeed, doesn't mean that I didn't bond with my children. I am a good mother. Every decision I have made since long before they were born, I have considered them in. I love my children- don't you dare put me down. I feared long ago being judged because of these decisions, and it hurts. As a mother, we are all supposed to be nurturing and loving- and not only to our own children, but everyone around us. I know I'm not perfect- but I LOVE MY CHILDREN! How dare anyone judge me because I have formula-fed my babies!!!! What constitutes being a mother? Because if vaginal deliveries and breastfeeding is all it takes, I fail. Instead, I choose to love my children, teach them right from wrong, and spend most of every day playing and taking care of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm sorry you're going through this. If you need someone to talk to I'm totally here for you. I can sympathize with the c-section thing at least. I know that you are making the best decisions for your kids. As their mom it is your right to know and choose what they need. You are a wonderful mother and woman. I love you and I'm glad that you are my friend!
nobody has the right to tell you how to birth, feed, raise your children, etc. that annoys me. honestly, it's nobody else's business. those choices were between yourself, Brenton and the Lord. grr... that makes me made...
WOW.........Some people just need to get a life. I hate people that make everything their business. I agree with Rachel, those decisions are between you, Brenton and the Lord and some of these things you can't even choose. They just happen that way. Love you! Your kids are adorable!!
People are way too judgmental. And I hate to say it, but there is definitely a lot of judging with members of the church. Most of the old ladies that told me that whole breastfeeding argument when I was bottle feeding Halle, were in our ward.
I wish everybody would work on IMPROVING THEMSELVES and not judging others.
You already know my feelings on this... But after one formula baby and one breastfed baby, I still think formula is just fine!!! I have no preference, really. A lot of the time when I was breastfeeding and having a hard time, I would think "Why am I doing this when I could just go make her a bottle of formula?!" Lol.
DON'T FEEL BAD. YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOM!!!
Lame!! I actually started to feel bad about having a c-section for a bit like I wasn't qualified. People were making comments like "at least his head's not funny shaped" "at least you didn't tear down there" "I got to actually watch my baby come out" etc. It's horrible. I don't know if it's just hormones making me over sensitive. Aidan wouldn't have lived had we done a vaginal delivery!
You're a wonderful mom!! I'm glad you know what really matters.
I can't believe someone would say something like that to you! You rock as a mom! They are your kids and you know best what's good for them! I know you're a good mom, don't listen to fools!!!!
Post a Comment