
Eight years ago today, I was just in my first couple weeks of school at BYUI- a scared freshman, trying to get into the routine. I was away from home and protection from my family and surroundings for the first time. I was in the Smith building waiting for my first class to start, when on the TVs was the news showing the attacks. I was traumatized. I was scared. I was alone.
I called my dad. He's a lifesaver. Just hearing his voice made me feel better. How could people be so evil? How could they do this? I'll never be the same.
I love our country. I hated the people that did this. I'm thankful for the freedoms I enjoy here. They are definitely worth fighting for. I love the U.S.A., despite the many flaws. This is MY country, my home, my safety-net.
Today is a day of reflection. I hope I can always remember what happened, what I saw, how I felt.
***
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA
(Lee Greenwood- God Bless The U.S.A.)
1 comment:
Good for you Adree, Don't forget. And in your spare time, read Glenn Beck's book "Common Sense". He has so many good things to say about our country and he isn't afraid to Stand up and expose the bad things politians are trying to do to us and our great country.
Post a Comment