Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sleeping Habits....

Now that Bryson can stand up, he doesn't like taking naps anymore. We put him down, and he just stands up and cries. Lost of times we'll leave him in his crib, even though he's whining. But, after 20-30 minutes we figure he isn't going to settle down, plus, it just gets old! He won't go down much unless he is 1. absolutely exhausted 2. drinking from his sippy cup and/or 3. I'm laying with him on my bed, rubbing his face and not letting him move. After about 5 minutes of this, he falls asleep. I even turn on nice soft music to get him to sleep. Ok, so he isn't supposed to go to sleep with his sippy cup! He wasn't doing it before, it's just recently. Also, taking a nap is nice but I don't want to get him used to this ALL the time and sometimes, I just can't do it! He really isn't that bad, but I'm afraid it might turn in to a problem. Does anyone have suggestions?!?!?

Now, on the flip side. He is getting so smart and brave. He is only holding on with one hand now when he stands, and changes hands sometimes too. Cutie! I love this little boy... the pluses definitely outweigh the minuses, but I just don't want to slip into problems....

Enjoy these cute pics of him standing up! Oh, and one with a few hairs sticking up...He had just woken up from a nap and they wouldn't stay down.


My little alfalfa....
Daredevil! He climbs up on anyone/anything!
Look mom! One hand!!!

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Do you have a swing? Hailey always naps in her swing, with sounds and swinging. I don't know how getting her to nap in her crib will go once she is too heavy for the swing but for now, it works great!

Anonymous said...

yeah we have a swing... he used to sleep in it, it would probably work, but i don't want him to get too used to it, because what about when we go out of town?

Jaime Stephens said...

He is so cute.. Savannah went through this phase for like a week when she started standing up and we finally figured out she didn't really think or know how to sit herself down it passed in a few days though.. I suggest just going in quietly laying him down and walking out even if it last forever you will get him in a habit if u don't then he will be a bad sleeper like Savannah :-) Good luck and we are building in provo kind of by Geneva Road

Anonymous said...

I am SO dreading that stage, so sorry I have no tips! So far I haven't had to let Zane cry it out, and I'm crossing my fingers I never will, but I know I probably will eventually. Bryson is getting so big and adorable! He looks like Hunter in that first picture. And he still has the most gorgeous blue eyes. I can't wait to see him in person next week!

Lynette said...

Yeah I have no idea what you would do when you go out of town. I don't even know what to do when I'm at other people's houses during the day!

The Palmers said...

his eyes are beautiful! i want that blue!

Melissa said...

Wow he really has grown up!! What a cutie!! Good luck with naps...we have always used the book, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weisbluth...check it out! He has some really helpful tips and its goes by age so you just have to read the part on your kids age. Hope it gets better!