Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bye Bye, Bottles!


Bryson is almost 8 months old. I thought I would have a hard time getting him away from bottles. Nope. Easiest thing ever. He hasn't had one in over a week. He has sippy cups now, and he loves them. We bought them at Wal-mart. They are they GERBER NUK Learner Cup kind. He loves them, because they have handles to hold on to. I don't hold it, he does. He loves feeding himself! So, Brenton packed up all the bottles (except for one to mix formula in for food). They say that babies need to be off the bottle by 1, but he's already off! Goodbye to bottles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so good. It's so much easier before they get older and more stubborn. I want to do that with Zane too. I've never seen those sippy cups, they look cool. I keep thinking about getting rid of the binky except for sleeping, but then I think "maybe just one more month" :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad somebody's adamant about getting their kid off the bottle by 1. It's so nice when they are switched young enough, nothing more frustrating than seeing a 3 year old still drinking out of a bottle, well and kids that reach a year and still have their binkie...now that one really drives me nuts! Yeah for Bryson!!!!

Melissa said...

Way to go mamma!! Thats awesome you got him off the bottle so early!! Ashley loves the Gerber Nuk sippy cups!