Wednesday, September 28, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

On Thursday, September 22nd, Brenton, I, and the kids decided on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Utah. The long story is, I had been wanting to go for a few weeks (my cousin Curtis was having his mission farewell) and then we found out our nephew was having his 1st birthday party (and that made us want to go more). Finally, the night before, I asked Brenton to ask his manager for it off, even if it was last minute. What could it hurt? Well, he asked her right before he got off work (early- because of a dental appt.) and she said yes! He called me on his way home at 10 AM and I started getting things ready. We were completely packed and ready to go, and had people watching our garden, so we left at 12:30. WHEW! I dropped Brenton off at the dentist and took the kids shopping for a couple snacks. After that, we dropped by Brenton's work (on our way out of town) so he could set his out of office message. We were worried how Bryson would do since he's potty training, but he actually did really well. One #2 accident the whole time and that was it. One funny thing was we had to stop on the road to Kingman so he could go on the side of the rood in his little potty. He then wanted to "dump" it. Instead of dumping it, he threw it in the air and the wind blew it back all over him. Brenton and I thought it was hilarious. He did not. He told us, "It's not funny, guys!" We drove to Vegas and spent the night. We got a cheap hotel room @ Circus Circus and settled in for the night. We got up Friday morning and drove the rest of the way to Breanne and Mike's. We arrived there about 4:30 or 5 PM . It was so fun surprising them! (No one knew we were coming except my dad). After a little while, Mom and Dad Jensen showed up and we surprised them as well! I wish I could have caught everyone's faces on camera- it was awesome! We celebrated Evan's 1st birthday with them and other friends that night. We spent the night at Grandma Pam's and Grandpa Dave's house and spent Saturday with them and Breanne, Mike, and Evan. We took a trip to Wheeler Farm and had a picnic. Then, at night, we went to Goodwood Bbq. It was delicious, but we had some fun little times that stressed us out :) (They took about an hour to seat us when it was supposed to be 20 min., a whole tray of food ALMOST landed on Dad Jensen's lap). At least we got a free appetizer and FAST service! We hung out at Breanne and Mike's for a little while longer before we needed to put the kids to bed.
Sunday morning, we got up early and got ready to go to Curtis' farewell at 9:00 AM. It was in Santaquin and took us a good hour to get there. We surprised my mom, Judd, Aunt Leslie, Uncle Andy, and their WHOLE family! It was fun! After the talk we went back to Aunt Les' house where they put on quite the gathering with TONS of delicious food. We spent the day there visiting with family. We also spent the night, then got up in the morning and drove back to AZ. It was a quick trip with lots of time in the car- but it was SOOO worth it to spend some time with our family! We love them all!!!!
The sad news: we were having so much fun with our family that I didn't take a whole bunch of pics- in fact, I don't have any of Grandpa Dave, or Curtis, or many of the Hindes family and all the other family on Sunday (if you have any, please send me some!)


















1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'll send you the ones I took. I loved that you came. It meant a lot to our family. Best surprise I've had in a long time. Wished you could've stayed longer. Oh and btw, yucky about Bryson throwing his potty in the air. Poor little guy. That must've been fun cleaning him up. Love you all lots.-Aunt Leslie