Saturday, December 6, 2008

Susan

My old roommate, Susan Mortensen (married name Turley) passed away yesterday. She was 25 years old and lost the battle with colon cancer. I lived in her Condo in Chandler after the mission. Our other roommate, Miriam, lives in Salt Lake. Susan had been married less than a year. Her dad, Bruce Mortensen, was the bishop (from my ASU Singles ward) that sent me on my mission. She was a wonderful roommate. I pray for her husband, Justin, her parents, family, and friends. I'm thankful to have known her. She was happy and optimistic and exercised great faith in Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that we can be with those we love again. Without this knowledge and faith, there would be no hope of family and friends lost in this world. If you are interested in learning anything about her and her story, you can check out her blog on the side labeled "Susan and Justin".

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry. That is so sad! I just read a little bit about her on her blog. She sounds amazing!! Surprising how young she was for colon cancer!