Monday, July 28, 2008

Grandpa Cluff

On Saturday around 3:30 PM I was informed by mom mom that my Grandpa Cluff passed away. It was expected, as he has been in and out of the hospital and hospice care for the last 2 months. Nevertheless, it is difficult. I love my Grandpa Cluff. He is my Dad's dad. I have great memories of him growing up ranging from playing horseshoes to dancing with me at different dances and receptions. He was a very sensitive and emotional guy, which is where my dad and I get it, I'm sure. He had a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well. I remember one time before he moved to Heber-Overgaard, AZ, we were up there at our cabin and went to church and he got up and bore his testimony. I will never forget that. I will miss him a lot. I'm glad I was at least able to tell him I love him a couple weeks ago on the phone. We thought he was going to pass away weeks ago, even before Bryson was born. He didn't. At least now we will be able to go to his funeral this weekend in AZ. Now I can say goodbye. Brenton and I named Bryson after him. His full name is Bryson Brenton LANAR Jensen. Lanar is Grandpa's name. I appreciate Brenton being willing to name Bryson after him too. I want Bryson to grow up knowing his Great Grandpa, even if it is just by family stories. He was a great man and shall be missed more than he could even imagine!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wade's grandpa passed away shortly after Jonathan was born too. It was kind of the same situation as you guys and we named Jonathan after him...except his name was actually Johann and we just couldn't do that to a little kid. :)

Mike said...

Wow I know what you mean about the sensitivity...the Cluff crying genes are definitely present in me. This is such a great post...our family really had an amazing amazing patriarch.