Thursday, August 16, 2007

SHOCKED

I am completely shocked. Yesterday an earthquake hit Peru. It hit Lima (mostly south) and down into smaller towns called Canete, Chincha, Pisco, and Ica. Over 300 people are now dead, and the country is in a state of Emergency. What makes this matter hurt so much is that Brenton and I both served there. 70% of Pisco is destroyed, and I was there for 6 months. I have many friends and loved ones there, and now I am waiting for news from them. It seems that they don't have electricity, or food, or water. Most are too poor to buy food to last more than one day. Scary. For now, we hope and pray everyone is ok. I wish I was there now to help... If you want to read up on it you can at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20288105/

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is really sad! Sorry to hear that news. I'm glad you guys weren't there when it hit! That is something to be grateful for!

jasonandhartley said...

that is so awful...i can't believe that happened. i hope there is still something left for you guys to go visit someday...