Sunday, August 5, 2007

The History of the Jensens, Part I



Welcome to our blog. Adree and I have seen how a few of our friends have started blogs. They post stories, pictures, videos, etc on how their family is doing and what they are up to. We loved the idea so much we decided to create our own.
Adree and I first met in Peru in August 2005. We both served in the Peru Lima South Mission, and Adree's last change I came to her zone to train. We served together and talked a few times, but that was about it, except for just before she left to go home and her Remembrance Book went missing. I promised to look for it and send it to her. To make a long story short, I never found it, but when we next met up at the Mission Reunion in October 2006 in Provo, UT, Adree was excited to tell me that she had gotten it back. (For the full story, which Adree loves to tell, you'll have to ask her, or maybe we'll post it later on).
Adree invited me to go with her and one of her mission companions to a session of General Conference the next day. I went and soon discovered there was something about her. That day I asked her for her email address. For the next few weeks we emailed a lot and soon began to also talk on the phone at all hours of the night (which her parents loved).
We soon discovered that there was something there, and decided to go on a date and found out how things went. On November 21, 2006, we went on our first official date while I was at home for Thanksgiving Break. We went to a Switchfoot concert and hit it off splendidly. We were together everday the whole week I was down there.
On that Saturday, I told Adree that I loved her and we decided there was no way we could possibly go on living so far apart, (she was going to ASU in Mesa, AZ and I was going to BYU up in Provo, UT). We soon decided that Adree would move up to Provo to be with me. She came up in December and we found her an apartment not far from mine, about 100 feet away, :). We continued dating and I proposed on February 13, 2007. Of course, Adree said yes!
We were married on May 12, 2007 in the LDS temple in Mesa, AZ for time and all eternity.
We are currently living in Provo, UT as I continue my education at BYU.
I might add that we are absolutely loving married life.
And so it is with this short history that we begin this blog, hoping that it gives you all a deeper look into our exciting life together as we begin our eternal family!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys started a blog! Congrats on the wedding! (Sorry a little late) THats so exciting! I hope we can keep in touch better this way! Adree come up and visit sometime...Utah isn't too far away!!

Nichole said...

I know this may sound totally random, but I just linked to your blog through a friend of a friend, etc. My hubby and I went to school with Adree at ASU (spanish class the semester you got your mission call). Anywho, just thought I'd say hi. Congrats on your "history" so far! Check out what we're up to if you like at http://scorpionsojourn.blogspot.com